Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Treat of the Week, Part I: Banana Pudding and an Entree of Beef

 



I'm catching up on my "Treats of the Week," and, as I do, I wish I still had this treat to feast upon.

Recently, Bertie and I visited my parents' house and were welcomed with a lovely meal of filet mignon, cooked and seasoned to perfection and topped with rounds of compound butter.




Along with this, we enjoyed garlic-horseradish mashed potatoes and a beautiful casserole of squash which bubbled with cheesy goodness beneath a tender-baked top.  The casserole had a souffle-like consistency and rich flavor which was quite a grand accompaniment to the flavors of the beef.




A handsome salad was a cooling counterpoint to the dinner.



Then, for dessert, we enjoyed a beautiful dish of homemade banana pudding with vanilla cookies.  The custard was sheer perfection, flavored with slices of fresh banana and topped with delicate swirls of freshly whipped cream.







Come back tomorrow for Part II of this week's "Treat of the Week."

11 comments:

April said...

I wish I could dive right into that pudding!

Bonnie said...

I love how your mom makes everything look so pretty. It all looks great!

Matt said...

Everything about this is perfect. I wish I had time to sit down to a meal like this!

Gene said...

I find this to be a beautiful meal and one I would very much like to have.

Carolyn said...

I want to dive in too April! It looks so good!

Sam P said...

I would wait in a long line in the rain for a seat at that table.

Beth Ann said...

I love it! Casserole looks great! I'd like to try the custard.

Angelo said...

Sweeeeeet! Good stuff.

Barb said...

Looks delicious!

Gregg said...

Mmmm...wish I could reach through the screen.

Susan said...

I wish I had seen this before I made dinner! Now I want filet mignon.